Graduate Registered Nurse Program
The Maryvale Private Hospital (MPH) Graduate Program is developed for newly graduated nurses. The program is designed over a 48 week period which will enable you to make the successful transition to becoming a confident and competent nurse, in a supportive environment.
On successful completion of the graduate program you will have the opportunity to apply for ongong employment with MPH.
Our surgical specialties include orthopaedic, bariatric, endoscopy, urology, gynaecology, dental, and general surgery.
The program has been designed with the transitioning graduate in mind. You will have an orientation week where you will learn your way around the hospital, access the information you need to get started, and have some supernumery time on the ward.
You will also have scheduled study days throughout the year.
What the year looks like:
You will be employed in a temporary part time capacity working 8 shifts per fortnight (60 hours). You will be rostered both early and late shifts, with the expectation that you will do some night shifts throughout the year.
You will have rotations in:
- Consulting Clinic
What we offer:
MPH offers a graduate program in a friendly and supportive environment.
You will have access to:
- Salary packaging
- Discounted private health insurance
- Paid professional leave
- Uniform provided
- Social club
- Discounted staff meals
- Flexible rosters
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free onsite secure parking
- A program that has been designed with the aim of providing graduate nurses with support and education
- Orientation week allowing nurses to gain insight and a working knowledge of nursing aspects specifically used at MPH
- Supernumerary time and clinical support
- Rotations in Medical, Surgical and Operating Room and elective units
- Scheduled education days, debrief sessions and learning packages
- You must be eligible for registration as a registered nurse with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.
- You must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or have permanent residency in Australia.
- You must not have a completed a Graduate Program previously.
Only applicants who meet these criteria will be considered for an interview.
How to apply:
Please submit the following documentation to: email@example.com
- Cover letter stating why you want to work at Maryvale Private Hospital.
- Current curriculum vitae/resume.
- Certified copy of your academic transcript to date.
- Certified copies of your final year clinical placement reports.
- 2 x professional references (at least 1 of the referees must hold a clinical position).
Applications close Sunday, 27 September 2020.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Rebecca Nolan-Education Coordinator 5132 1235
Michelle Marriott- Human Resources 5132 1290