Keeping the community safe
Maryvale Private Hospital is committed to following the recommendations and guidelines provided by the Victorian Department of Health to ensure our hospital and the broader community is kept safe.
We have implemented several initiatives to reduce risk to our staff, patients and the community.
For more information, head to the Victorian Department of Health Coronavirus Website.
Visiting Maryvale Private Hospital
- Visiting hours are strictly between 11:00am – 1:00pm and 3pm – 7:00pm daily
Visitors are permitted to attend Maryvale Private Hospital as follows:
- A maximum of two visitors (and dependents) at any one time
- No limit to the number of visitors during the course of visiting hours
- Those visiting the hospital are required to be COVID-19 or any other respiratory infection free, and not have any respiratory or respiratory-like symptoms
- Those recently diagnosed with COVID-19 are required to not attend the hospital for 7 days after your test result, or until your respiratory symptoms are resolved (whichever is the greater)
- Please wash your hands or use the alcohol-based hand rub upon entering our hospital
Exceptions apply for:
- those visiting critical or palliative patients – two visitors are permitted at a time and there are no time limits
- those supporting patients with cognitive impairment
- providing support necessary for a patient’s emotional or physical wellbeing
- if they are the parent or carer of a paediatric patient
- a nominated person under the Mental Health Act, interpreter or carer of a patient with a disability
- if necessary, visitors are also permitted to accompany a patient attending outpatient clinic
- those in a group visiting in exceptional circumstances may exceed the ‘two visitors at a time’ rule if they are dependents of a visitor (or hospital patient) who are unable to be cared for elsewhere
Looking for guidance on social/physical distancing and other transmission reduction measures? Click here.