Elective Surgery Restrictions
Elective surgery restrictions will be in place at Maryvale Private Hospital from Monday, 4 October 2021, in line with Department of Health directions.
We will be reducing elective surgery performed at the hospital by 50% across all surgery categories. Surgery already booked until the end of day on Saturday 2 October 2021 will proceed.
If you have any questions about your care, please contact your treating doctor.
Keeping the community safe
Maryvale Private Hospital is committed to following the recommendations and guidelines provided by the Victorian Department of Health to ensure our hospital and the broader community is kept safe.
We have implemented several initiatives based on recommendations by the Hospital’s Pandemic Planning Team to reduce risk to our staff, patients and the community.
For more information, head to the Victorian Department of Health Coronavirus Website.
Visiting Maryvale Private Hospital
Visitors are not permitted into any of our hospitals, unless for exceptional circumstances. This is in line with the restrictions and guidelines issued by Victoria’s Chief Health Officer
Exceptions apply for:
- those visiting critical or palliative patients – two visitors are permitted at a time. They do not have to be from the same household and there are no time limits
- those supporting patients with cognitive impairment
- providing support necessary for a patient’s emotional or physical wellbeing
- if they are the parent or carer of a paediatric patient
- a nominated person under the Mental Health Act, interpreter or carer of a patient with a disability
- if necessary, visitors are also permitted to accompany a patient attending outpatient clinic
- those in a group visiting in exceptional circumstances may exceed the ‘two visitors at a time’ rule if they are dependents of a visitor (or hospital patient) who are unable to be cared for elsewhere
Non-essential visits should not take place at this time.
Looking for guidance on social/physical distancing and other transmission reduction measures? Click here.